Suyambu Varahi amman temple, Uthirakosamangai
Who is Varahi?
Varahi Amman is a furious form of Goddess Shakthi who represents power, courage, and protection. She is claimed to be the manifestation of Boar, a wild pig with tusks and the body of a female person. Varahi Amman bestows wealth, abundance, and success on her worshippers, and she protects them by removing negative energies such as evil eyes, curses, spells, black magic, dark spirits, and entities.
Suyambu Varahi Amman temple in Uthirakosamangai
- Varahi Amman temple, located in Uthirakosamangai, Ramanathapuram district, holds great significance for Varahi Amman, where the goddess is in self- Manifested form. This self-born idol is covered with silver armour.
- This temple is found to be in existence along with the world’s first Shiva temple, Mangalanatha Swamy Temple, in Uthirakosamangai, and it is nearly 3200 years old.
- This ancient historical temple practices a special form of worshipping Varahi Amman. Devotees who seek her blessings will grind the turmeric into a paste outside her sanctum sanctorum and apply it to the idol.
- This custom has been followed for hundreds of years, and it is believed that it will help the devotees get whatever they wish.
- Devotees who seek her blessings will grind the turmeric into a paste and apply it to the idol
- It is believed that following this custom and worshipping in this temple will remove obstacles in Marriage and Pregnancy and bring good fortune to her devotees.
Devotees grinding turmeric paste outside her Sanctum Sanctorum
Temple timings : The temple is open from 7AM to 12.30PM and from 4PM to 8PM
Temple address : Uthirakosamangai, Ramanathapuram - 623533 (Near Bus Stop)