Kerala Positive Update
We are happy to update you with the positive news that Kerala is on its way to returning to normalcy with improvement in weather condition. Water started to recede, and Sun shines bright. Hence the climate is hot and humid and sun is helping so much now .
As far as road condition is concerned, please note - Madurai to Periyar, Cochin to Coimbatore and Periyar to Cochin roads are also open since yesterday afternoon. The business in Periyar is going on as usual as all hotels are operational there.
Periyar Wild life sanctuary activities remain suspended, but this is on a temporary basis. All the tourist activities are expected to resume soon.
At Cochin, all hotels are open and its business is as usual too. Cochin to Trivandrum road is fine. All Trivandrum, Kovalam roads are perfectly fine. Cochin to Munnar – Small vehicles are being allowed to ply now.
As far as Hotels in Munnar are concerned, we have spoken to almost all the hotels there. Fortunately, Hotels did not get damage at all in Munnar. Only the approach road has got affected in the floods. However, we cannot accommodate any guest right now as there is no power supply, no phones / mobiles work and they don’t have diesel to operate generators. So, once power resumes, major problems in Munnar will be solved. The only hotel that faces licence issues is Plum Judy resort which is not operating now. However, by September 1st week, all hotels in Munnar is expected to be operational
For Alleppey and Kumarakom areas, water is receding and so by end of this week, we shall give you the exact status on Monday .
Houseboat operations in Alleppey resume on Monday, the 27th of August.
Even Schools and Colleges are going to be reopened from 29th August.
Please see the list of hotels in Munnar and its operational status below.
- Silver Tips - it Will open only on 01st September 2018
- Fog Resorts & Spa - Hotel is open , they will take bookings from September 01st week onwards.
- Parakkat Nature Resorts - Hotel is open , they will take bookings from September 01st week onwards
- Ambady Estate - Hotel is Open ,they will take bookings from September 01st week onwards
- Devonshire Greens - Open on 01st week of September
- Eco Tones - Open on 01st week of September
- Panoramic Getaway - After 15th September they will start taking the booking , it may be extended one more month.
- Bamboo Dale Resort - Hotel is open
- Windermere Estate - Open on September 2nd week
- Rose Gardens - Hotel is open
- Kaivalyam Retreat - Hotel is open
- Ragamaya Resort & Spa - Open on 01st September 2018
- Brooklyn Palace Resort - Will open after a Month
- Black Berry Hills Retreat & Spa - Will open after 20th Sep 2018
- Deshadan Mountain Resorts - Hotel open & bookings will be taken after 20 days
- Abad Copper Castle – Open on 1st September
- Great Escapes Resorts - Open on 01st week of September
- Bracknell Forest - Open on 01st week of September
- Misty Mountain Resort – Open on 25th August
- Swiss County - Will open on 01 week of September
- Clouds Valley Leisure Hotel - Open in couple of weeks.
- Archana Residency – Hotel is open but road is closed
- Tea Country Resort – Not Operational
- Orchid Highlands – Hotel Open but road is closed
- River Country – Open from 1st week of September
- The Leaf – Open from the 2nd week of September
- Broad Bean Resort – Open from 1st week of September
- Lake N Hills Resort – Open from 1st week of September
- Falling Waters – Open from 1st week of September
- Iceberg Hill Resort – Hotel is open
- Fort Munnar – Hotel is operational
- Mountain Trail Resort – Open from 1st week of September
- Whispering meadows – To be opened by 01st week September
- Spice Country Resorts – Hotel is operational
- Dream Catcher – Hotel is Operational
- Madhumantra – Hotel is Operational
- East End – Hotel is Operational
- Elysium Garden Hill Resort – Hotel is Open
- Fragrant Nature Resort – Will be opened in 1st week of September
- Ayur Country – Hotel is operational
- Daimond Hills – To be opened by 01st week September
- Tea Village - To be opened by 01st week September
- Tall Trees- To be opened by 01st week September
- Munnar Castle- To be opened by 01st week September
- Swiss County - To be opened by 01st week September
- Nature Zone Jungle resort - To be opened by 01st week September
- Rivulet Resort – Open by 15th September
- Chandy’s Windy Woods - To be opened by 01st week September
- Munnar Queen – To be opened by 01st week September
- Grand Plaza - To be opened by 01st week September
- Tea Harvester - To be opened by 01st week September
We also tried our best to speak to hotels in WAYANAD, CALICUT, KANNUR AND KASARGOD. Few hotels, we couldn’t reach them over phone. So we shall update their status later.
- Neeleshwar Hermitage - OPERATIONAL
- Kanan Beach Resort - – OPERATIONAL
- The LaLit Resort & Spa Bekal - – OPERATIONAL
- Mascot Beach Resort – OPERATIONAL.
- Costa Malabari – OPERATIONAL.
- Sea Shell Haris Beach Home – OPERATIONAL.
- The Raviz, Calicut - - OPERATIONAL
- Raviz Resort & Spa Kadavu, Kozhikode - - OPERATIONAL
- Gateway Hotel Beach Road h - OPERATIONAL
- Harivihar – Heritage Homestay & Ayurvedic Resort - – OPERATIONAL
- Kappad Beach Resort - OPERATIONAL