Tamilnadu! Yes! After 12 long years, the Kurinji flowers are back in Tamilnadu and put up a splendid show for the spectators.
The fabled hills of Ooty and Kodaikanal are the destinations where the Kurinjis have bloomed over a large area offering a visual treat for the onlookers. If you are wondering where to head to see the Kurinjis, think no further, Tamilnadu is the place to go.
The curious travellers from all over the country and abroad have already started flying to Ooty and Kodaikanal to see the mountains painted in blue.
Our travel nerds have toured all corners of the Western Ghats and found the best places for you to witness the Kurinji extravaganza.
Through this South Tourism exclusive Neelakurinji Tour we take you to Ooty and Kodaikanal. Visit the exclusive Kurinji spots we have got for you and enjoy a one of a kind Neelakurinji experience.
The Kurinji season has already started and is expected to end by September 2018. If you miss it, you got to wait another 12 long years to see this natural wonder.
Hurry up and plan your Kurinji tour to Tamilnadu now!
• The Neelakurinji is a mystical flower which blooms just once in 12 years in the thick Sholas of the Western Ghats.
• The Kurinji flowers when blossom forms a velvety carpet on the fabled hills of the Western Ghats offering a mesmerizing sight for the onlookers.
• Found mainly in Munnar, Kodaikanal and the Nilgiris district, it is also spotted at the Shevroy Hills of Yercaud.
• Mentioned in the ancient Tamil Sangam Literature as a symbol of love and happiness, this legendary flower holds huge historical significance as well.
• The Kurinji Honey collected during the Kurinji blooming season is believed to be the sweetest honey on the planet Earth. It is also one of the rarest honey considering its exceptionally long flowering cycle.